Answered

Something simple for the kitchen

Userlevel 1
Badge
Aloha gents and ladies! I don't currently have any Sonos products, but I love the concept!
So, I was wondering if the great community here have an idea or suggestions to the best speaker/setup to get for my kitchen (first room I enter in my house)?
Something simple that I can later extend into my livingroom (open to the kitchen) would be awesome!

Cheers! 🙂
icon

Best answer by Josh D 5 August 2015, 22:07

A stereo pair of Play:1s or Play:3s would work well and should fill the room. Then you can add another two in the living room if you like, but i can imagine that they will fill the room anyway.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I suggest using a play 1 unit as an entry point, AND as a unit of expansion in future. It is the most flexible, value for money and capable Sonos speaker today, allowing for a building block approach for whole house coverage in phases.

Use just one unit to get going and for audio, it can be expanded in time to a play 1 pair + Sonos Sub combination that can give a living room hifi set up a run for the money. Even a set up that costs a lot more than what a 1 pair+ Sub would.

In between these two ends of the spectrum there are lots of options that standardising on a play 1 opens up.

The only downside is no line in jacks, if you want to plug in a turntable or the like.

That sounds like an excellent idea as well, Kumar! I'll have a chat with the SO to see what he says 😃
I suggest using a play 1 unit as an entry point, AND as a unit of expansion in future. It is the most flexible, value for money and capable Sonos speaker today, allowing for a building block approach for whole house coverage in phases.

Use just one unit to get going and for audio, it can be expanded in time to a play 1 pair + Sonos Sub combination that can give a living room hifi set up a run for the money. Even a set up that costs a lot more than what a 1 pair+ Sub would.

In between these two ends of the spectrum there are lots of options that standardising on a play 1 opens up.

The only downside is no line in jacks, if you want to plug in a turntable or the like.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
No problem 😉
Userlevel 1
Badge
Aahhh this is awesome guys! thanks so much 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I would also add that you may want to either plug in one of your speakers to your router or get a Boost. The is the best set up for future expansion.
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Flexson : https://www.flexson.com/stores/page_code_forward.do?pubID=8595&pageCode=CUSTOM_1

Cavus: http://www.cavus.eu/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=105〈=en
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Yes. Flexson and Cavus both sell quality wall brackets for Play:1s, Play:3s and other SONOS products
Userlevel 1
Badge
Oh, follow up.. Are they easy to wall-mount?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, Josh! 🙂 I'll have a look into it 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
A stereo pair of Play:1s or Play:3s would work well and should fill the room. Then you can add another two in the living room if you like, but i can imagine that they will fill the room anyway.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings