Answered

Something simple for the kitchen

Userlevel 1
Badge
Aloha gents and ladies! I don't currently have any Sonos products, but I love the concept!
So, I was wondering if the great community here have an idea or suggestions to the best speaker/setup to get for my kitchen (first room I enter in my house)?
Something simple that I can later extend into my livingroom (open to the kitchen) would be awesome!

Cheers! 🙂
icon

Best answer by Josh D 5 August 2015, 22:07

A stereo pair of Play:1s or Play:3s would work well and should fill the room. Then you can add another two in the living room if you like, but i can imagine that they will fill the room anyway.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
A stereo pair of Play:1s or Play:3s would work well and should fill the room. Then you can add another two in the living room if you like, but i can imagine that they will fill the room anyway.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, Josh! 🙂 I'll have a look into it 😃
Userlevel 1
Badge
Oh, follow up.. Are they easy to wall-mount?
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Yes. Flexson and Cavus both sell quality wall brackets for Play:1s, Play:3s and other SONOS products
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
Flexson : https://www.flexson.com/stores/page_code_forward.do?pubID=8595&pageCode=CUSTOM_1

Cavus: http://www.cavus.eu/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=105〈=en
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I would also add that you may want to either plug in one of your speakers to your router or get a Boost. The is the best set up for future expansion.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Aahhh this is awesome guys! thanks so much 😃
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
No problem 😉
I suggest using a play 1 unit as an entry point, AND as a unit of expansion in future. It is the most flexible, value for money and capable Sonos speaker today, allowing for a building block approach for whole house coverage in phases.

Use just one unit to get going and for audio, it can be expanded in time to a play 1 pair + Sonos Sub combination that can give a living room hifi set up a run for the money. Even a set up that costs a lot more than what a 1 pair+ Sub would.

In between these two ends of the spectrum there are lots of options that standardising on a play 1 opens up.

The only downside is no line in jacks, if you want to plug in a turntable or the like.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I suggest using a play 1 unit as an entry point, AND as a unit of expansion in future. It is the most flexible, value for money and capable Sonos speaker today, allowing for a building block approach for whole house coverage in phases.

Use just one unit to get going and for audio, it can be expanded in time to a play 1 pair + Sonos Sub combination that can give a living room hifi set up a run for the money. Even a set up that costs a lot more than what a 1 pair+ Sub would.

In between these two ends of the spectrum there are lots of options that standardising on a play 1 opens up.

The only downside is no line in jacks, if you want to plug in a turntable or the like.

That sounds like an excellent idea as well, Kumar! I'll have a chat with the SO to see what he says 😃