Small Room Configuration-Incredible with Sonos Radio HD

• 16 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Just had an aha moment today listening. I have a set of Play 1s (Blue Note Editions but same as other versions just a unique color) in my 12’ x 15’ Office. While normally I have these as background music as I am taking phone calls, working, etc. I had an opportunity to let the dogs out today as I was doing a bunch of cleaning in the office, no work. WOW, I just realized how incredible they sound when paired up with Sonos Radio HD (listening to Guitar Gods) station and turned up (maybe 25%). While one of them would be good enough in a room this size I just need the stereo channeling for my tastes and I was just blown away. The interplay, detail and the fine tuning that they have done with these in conjunction with it is just awesome. If you are ever in doubt between 1 or 2-get 2 you will never be sorry.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I agree, and I keep saying ad nauseam that a properly set up play 1 pair in up to a moderately sized room is well in the HiFi category. Add a Sub, and only a prejudiced audiophile will deny its right to be called audiophile sound quality.

Don’t ask me to define those categories though - no one has done this in an acceptable manner that meets objective standards of what is a good definition.

PS for OP: although it probably may not do much, do true play tuning for these via borrowed iPhone if necessary and if not done already. It can only make for better sound, perhaps in a subtle way. And if you do not like the change, it can be turned off at any time even via Android.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

PS for OP: although it probably may not do much, do true play tuning for these via borrowed iPhone if necessary and if not done already. It can only make for better sound, perhaps in a subtle way. And if you do not like the change, it can be turned off at any time even via Android.

Thanks for the suggestion. Been an iPhone disciple since The very first one. Haven’t done Truplay in a while but it does work I will attset to that as well. 

If you haven't moved the speakers since you last did the Trueplay tuning, there is no need to do it again.