Answered

Setup for music listening

I own a Play 5 and am considering buying two Sonos One to sync with it in the same room, for surround stereo. Is it possible to pair the three together? Is it worth the money in terms of a better music experience? Your comments will be gratefully appreciated
icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 January 2019, 18:45

Music is optimally played back by two separate stereo channel sources forming an equalateral triangle with the listening position. For that you would need another Play:5 configured as a stereo pair with your current Play:5.

View original

2 replies

Music is optimally played back by two separate stereo channel sources forming an equalateral triangle with the listening position. For that you would need another Play:5 configured as a stereo pair with your current Play:5.
I'm with jgatie. Since most music is presented in a stereo format, the optimal listening is in stereo, not with three speakers. And a stereo pair of PLAY:5s beats a stereo pair of Sonos Ones.

That being said, yes, you could buy two Sonos Ones, set them up as stereo, and then group the two rooms together. I don't think it would be a great experience.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings