Sanus Adjustable Speaker Stands - Impressions

• 12 October 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello

I purchased a pair of the Sanus Adjustable Speaker Stands_Sonos One/Play 1/Play 3_to mount a pair of Sonos One's. In the past I'd always gone with Flexson but I decided to give the Sanus brand a go.

First impressions:
They are well constructed with a weighted base. The adjustable rod is aluminum and the base is covered in a PVC plastic.

The cable channel is a tuck n' conceal in the rear of the grooved adjustable rod versus the total conceal pass through of the Flexson brand. There are 3 mounts included_one for each type of Sonos speaker. The Play 1 and Play 3 actually screw into their custom support bracket.

The Sonos One sits on a custom piece that slides into the cavity around the power cord where it attaches to the Sonos One base and is held by light padded friction. If you lift the Sonos One it will detach from the support bracket however the tension caused by the cable tuck and friction on the support base prevent the Sonos One from being dislodged by a simple bump.

Verdict:
Overall I'm quite pleased with the mounting system and the aesthetics of the stand. The height adjust-ability is top notch and held in place by a removable plastic trigger. I wouldn't recommend a constant adjusting of the stand (up/down) as they are meant to be a "set it and forget it". I'd imagine the Flexson's are the same in that respect. I saved about $30-USD versus the Flexson brand and have no regrets. I Hope this proves top be of value to someone.

Cheers!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Great post, AjTrek1. Hopefully this helps out some folks.
Userlevel 7
@Jeff S

Glad you think so!
Badge
Good post, thanks for the tip, I just ordered a pair to use with my Play Ones. Good to know the Play Ones actually screw into the bracket.
Userlevel 7
Good post, thanks for the tip, I just ordered a pair to use with my Play Ones. Good to know the Play Ones actually screw into the bracket.

Maybe you are using Play 1 and Sonos One interchangeably. The latter which has Alexa voice control does not attach to the stand via a screw.
Hello

I purchased a pair of the Sanus Adjustable Speaker Stands_Sonos One/Play 1/Play 3_to mount a pair of Sonos One's. In the past I'd always gone with Flexson but I decided to give the Sanus brand a go.

First impressions:
They are well constructed with a weighted base. The adjustable rod is aluminum and the base is covered in a PVC plastic.

The cable channel is a tuck n' conceal in the rear of the grooved adjustable rod versus the total conceal pass through of the Flexson brand. There are 3 mounts included_one for each type of Sonos speaker. The Play 1 and Play 3 actually screw into their custom support bracket.

The Sonos One sits on a custom piece that slides into the cavity around the power cord where it attaches to the Sonos One base and is held by light padded friction. If you lift the Sonos One it will detach from the support bracket however the tension caused by the cable tuck and friction on the support base prevent the Sonos One from being dislodged by a simple bump.

Verdict:
Overall I'm quite pleased with the mounting system and the aesthetics of the stand. The height adjust-ability is top notch and held in place by a removable plastic trigger. I wouldn't recommend a constant adjusting of the stand (up/down) as they are meant to be a "set it and forget it". I'd imagine the Flexson's are the same in that respect. I saved about $30-USD versus the Flexson brand and have no regrets. I Hope this proves top be of value to someone.

Cheers!
How much cord did you have left after assembly. I order these stands and want the top of my Sonos ones to be about 42”, hoping to have at least 30” of cord left to plug in. Thanks
Userlevel 7

Maybe you are using Play 1 and Sonos One interchangeably. The latter which has Alexa voice control does not attach to the stand via a screw.

You should re-read my post. :8

Userlevel 7
How much cord did you have left after assembly. I order these stands and want the top of my Sonos ones to be about 42”, hoping to have at least 30” of cord left to plug in. Thanks

All I can say is that unless you have a power outlet directly behind each speaker you may have to use an extension cord. I did for one speaker as the outlet was closer to the outlet for one vs the other. In answer to your question at the height I set there was about 18-20 inches extending from under the base. The cord length I believe is no more than 60 inches so at a 42" height you may have 18 inches left; not 30.
Thanks!