Roam

• 28 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I have 3 roams 2 i use or atleast try to pair and play music constantly un pairs the the 2 i use and have to go back in and pair PIA also cannot use w tv unless you have beam  b4 i make that investment would like to know best possible set up so i can either play music or watch tv  without constantly having to pair and switch

5 replies

Hey John, no reason to be a complete AH.

if you do not want to answer a issue someone is having, move on

No need for negativity

He's got a point.  Your post is borderline illegible.  We would love to help, but we have no idea what the problem is.

Hi. Any chance you could repost that, only this time with punctuation please?

Userlevel 7

I have 3 roams 2 i use or atleast try to pair and play music constantly un pairs the the 2 i use and have to go back in and pair PIA also cannot use w tv unless you have beam  b4 i make that investment would like to know best possible set up so i can either play music or watch tv  without constantly having to pair and switch

I think this is what he is trying to say:

I have three Roams. Two of the Roams constantly unpair as a stereo pair while I listen to music so I always have to pair them again in the Sonos app. I would like to use the Roams with my TV, so I’m considering purchasing a Beam. Before I make that investment, I would like to know the best possible set up so I can play music or watch TV without having to deal with any of my current problems.

Hey John, no reason to be a complete AH.

if you do not want to answer a issue someone is having, move on

No need for negativity

If that’s the correct interpretation, Sonos has made some adjustments in the last software release to deal with some of the pairing issues on the Roam, but not all.

Roams are not designed to be used with a TV, so you’ll like have challenges, even if you’re sending the signal from the TV using Bluetooth to the Roams, which would need to be also connected to WiFi in order to do a stereo signal. 

Purchasing a Beam to use with the TV is smart, it is designed for that purpose, however, you can not use the Roams as either surround speakers or as front speakers, as they do not have the hardware necessary to connect to the Beam to receive the appropriate signal. 

Special thanks to @GuitarSuperstar for translation to English.