Question

replacemt for apple time capsule

• 20 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I’ve had an apple time capsule which has my sonos music library on. It’s connected to all my sonos system via boast, works like a dream. 
im looking to replace the TC as its 10 years old. What should I replace it with to keep all the same functionality I currently have?

sonos is set up via TC’s own WiFi and not my ISP router

Many thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Richard Seery

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate your detailed post outlining your concern, I’d be glad to help.

Sonos usually refrains from recommending 3rd party products, it’s best if you can check the Sonos system requirements and the list of networking equipment that has been tested and confirmed as incompatible with Sonos. 

Sonos allows you to stream your music library from any computer, or network-attached storage drive (NAS), to your Sonos system. This article will show you how to add your music library using the Sonos app for macOS or Windows. To use a NAS drive with Sonos, the NAS must support the SMB(v1)/CIFS file-sharing protocol.

Hopefully, that helps, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out, we’re always here to help.