Question

Recommended 65-75” TV to integrate with Playbar 5.1 system.

• 27 July 2020
  • 3 replies

After installing yesterday I’m already experiencing some issues w my old LG 65” plasma. Any suggestions for a new TV that works well with my Sonos system?  Thank you. 

3 replies

As has been stated in several threads, any TV that supports eARC and HDMI 2.1 should be fine.

But the Playbar connects to the TV through an optical cord.  Why does eArc or HDMI 2.1 matter?

Because for a TV that large, you’re most likely going to be upgrading at some point to  a Sonos Arc, which features Atmos, which optimally use those two standards. If you’re using an older Sonos product that only uses optical, then you’d just want to be certain the TV passes Dolby Digital from an HDMI connection through to the optical port. I’m not aware that there are any ‘new’ TVs that have that issue, but I also don’t spend my days looking for non conforming TVs.

If you plan on using this ‘new’ TV for any length of time, then you’re better off springing for these features. If you’re not interested in the future, but only this exact moment in time, you have that option as well.