Question

Recommend an audio setup

Show first post

37 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I prefer the 2 play one because of the stereo dimension. When I started with sonos a few years ago, I have bought one play 5 and 2 play 3 . The 2 play 3 are fantastic when paired, but they will cost 50℅ more than the play 5. Next step were 2 play 1, and I replaced the 5 n my bedroom with them . I to nkbit depends of the type of music you will mostly listen: only a f you need more serious bass the play 5 will lead, otherwise the 2/play 1 will be more enjoyable. My personal opinion of course.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I hear you. I think I will listen my music mostly while doing some daily tasks and volume of the sound is little more important then stereo sound. So, based on the power to fill the room would you give the P5 the edge?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I feel that if you perform daily tasks volume will be on the low side, and in a room as wide as your one the 2 play1 will fill a bit better the place while the 5 will appear as arriving from a single precise point. Let see if other people will add comments on this topic , so you will have more sources !!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thank you, and since the pair is only slightly more expensive, it it the way to go.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
PLAY:5 is the loudest speaker from SONOS (under the PLAYBAR). So if you want all out power that will do the job.

When you pair any speakers, or in this case the two PLAY:1's it allows them to play louder than they would on their own so you will still be able to fill the room with just them.

I see the PLAY:1's being slightly more future proof in terms of expanding your system. Can easily be paired with a PLAYBAR for surrounds, where the PLAY:5 cannot be paired with the PLAYBAR, so the only expanding you could do is to buy another PLAY:5 down the track to add extra power and bass.

The PLAY:1's will be a little lacking on the bass at high volumes but if that's not a concern than all good, otherwise you can add a SUB later and then the PLAY:1's can go even louder again. Or the PLAY:5 will provide extreme bass on it's own.

So many options!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I know, so many options. Really I can only guess the level of sound in my house. For comparison, my friend brought the geneva s dock. It has a nice sound, and did a fairly good job filling the room. In your opinion, how would pair of play 1s compare to geneva s?
Neven
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
A pair of Play 1's ordered! Can't wait
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
And I can't wait to see how long will you resist..... before buying additional ones !!
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Thank you. I'm aiming at a playbar. I guess paiting P1's snd PB will fill room with sound! Will post my impessions with my play 1
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Thank you. I'm aiming at a playbar. I guess paiting P1's snd PB will fill room with sound! Will post my impessions with my play 1
Oh you will be impressed! Trust me! 😛
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
With just 2 play:1's. I sure hope so
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hi all

Due to current home expenses I had to postpone buying two play 1's 😞 !
Furthermore, I have reconsidered everything and sadly can not afford both pair of P 1's and Playbar. So, I will buy only the Playbar to cover everything: TV, movies and music. I guess it's not a bad thing but:
1. How would you compare Playbar to a pair of P 1's volume and room filling abbilites? Especialy lack of stereo separation...
2. If I will manage to buy something other than a Playbar, It could be one Play 1, or one Play 3 at best. I would like a dedicated music speaker. Would you reccomend this buy?

Thanks

Neven

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings