Answered

Rear inwall speakers, Sonos Arc, and Sub. Would this work without additional amp?

• 28 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I see in the recommended set, in the shop area of the website , that has an Arc, a Sub and two surface mount rear speakers.

I am wondering if I can do a similar set up But with The in wall speakers or do those Particular ones need an amp to power them and the ones that are in the suggested set up or somehow different or are these all interchangeable?

thanks

icon

Best answer by Paul A 29 July 2020, 00:28

Hi @Rivka.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you the Sonance In-wall speaker feature specifications and limitations. I would also like to add the Sonos Amp feature specifications and limitations. To answer your question, yes you need the Sonos Amp to bond those in-wall speakers to the Sonos Arc via the Sonos app. You may also contact our sales team if you have further questions or concerns regarding the Sonos Amp or the Sonance in-wall speakers @+18006802345 option 4.

I hope this helps and answers your questions.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Rivka.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you the Sonance In-wall speaker feature specifications and limitations. I would also like to add the Sonos Amp feature specifications and limitations. To answer your question, yes you need the Sonos Amp to bond those in-wall speakers to the Sonos Arc via the Sonos app. You may also contact our sales team if you have further questions or concerns regarding the Sonos Amp or the Sonance in-wall speakers @+18006802345 option 4.

I hope this helps and answers your questions.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thanks that confirms my suspicions and it’s fine I will work with the speakers that don’t need an amp and look at setting up an in wall system later if i still feel the urge