Question about upgrading...

Hello,

So currently in my living room area, I am running a 5.1 setup with the PlayBar, SUB, L/R Martin Logan Helos 22 8" in-ceiling speaker with the connect-amp. This may sound a little silly but Ive been fortunate enough to find a cheap pair Martin Logan Vanquish 14" in ceiling speakers that I would like to upgrade to. I was thinking of also changing my connect amp to the new AMP with my home system.
My question is, will I notice a big difference in sound quality or listening experience? Or is it just a waste of money and I will find little to no difference?
My main floor has an open design with the kitchen and dining nearby.
Please let me know what you guys think about this.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
For TV watching, I don't think you'll notice much difference. For music listening, with settings to full so the ceiling speakers are on, I think you'll notice a difference. I'm speaking in terms of the amp switch out here, I can't really say what the difference in speakers is going to bring.

One thing to remember though is that if you switch out the amp and speakers, you can now relocate the old ones to another room.
melvimbe wrote:

For TV watching, I don't think you'll notice much difference. For music listening, with settings to full so the ceiling speakers are on, I think you'll notice a difference. I'm speaking in terms of the amp switch out here, I can't really say what the difference in speakers is going to bring.

One thing to remember though is that if you switch out the amp and speakers, you can now relocate the old ones to another room.

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to be moving them to the kitchen, which will be about 12-15 feet away from the living room.
Would be a bummer if there isn't much of change in listening. Now to find a trusted installer...

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings