Question

Play 5 vs Connect

• 27 June 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi friends,

I have a Play:3 and am looking at expanding my Sonos setup at home.

I've had a Bang & Olufsen Beosound 1 for several years now which I love and I am trying to figure out if I should retire that and swap it for a Play:5 or if I should connect it via a Connect:AMP. Tough decision, but would love to get some feedback!

Play:5 is obviously a more integrated solution and (maybe?) has better audio quality but the Beosound 1 is a gorgeous device and pairing it with the Connect could be a good bridge, but I'm not sure how it competes quality/experience wise.

Best,
Nick

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

None but you can say what sound signature you like more. And the only way to do that is by listening, so I suggest trying a 5 on a returnable basis and then deciding. I don't know the unit you have, but if it doesn't have 2 speakers that can be kept some distance apart as two 5 units can be while operating as a stereo pair, they have an unfair advantage and will almost certainly sound better to you.

Also, if your unit has a built in amp, what you will need if you decide to stay with it is a Connect.