Answered

Play 5

• 17 January 2018
  • 3 replies

I need help. I have just brought a Sonos 5. And I was told in the shop that I would be able to play music straight away with an aux from you tube is this correct. I have yet to get my WiFi set up as I’ve just moved into a new property. Can anyone help. Would be much appreciated
icon

Best answer by Chris 17 January 2018, 21:04

You actually have to setup the Play:5 first and in the room settings turn on the autoplay feature (then it will actually automatically play via the line in with cable).

You can go somewhere with wifi and setup temporarily to set this. You could also use something like a phone hotspot to create a temporary wireless network to change the setting (they really should make it that way by default).

Also if you use a phone as hotspot to setup. You can't use that same phone as the controller (so you would need a 2 phones or a phone and tablet). Have the hotspot phone create the wifi network. Use the other phone or tablet connected to the other phones hotspot then do the Sonos setup.

Once you create a Sonos system go to settings...room settings...pick the sonos unit... then go to line in settings ... autoplay on (note: to see autoplay settings you have to have cable hooked to back)
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You actually have to setup the Play:5 first and in the room settings turn on the autoplay feature (then it will actually automatically play via the line in with cable).

You can go somewhere with wifi and setup temporarily to set this. You could also use something like a phone hotspot to create a temporary wireless network to change the setting (they really should make it that way by default).

Also if you use a phone as hotspot to setup. You can't use that same phone as the controller (so you would need a 2 phones or a phone and tablet). Have the hotspot phone create the wifi network. Use the other phone or tablet connected to the other phones hotspot then do the Sonos setup.

Once you create a Sonos system go to settings...room settings...pick the sonos unit... then go to line in settings ... autoplay on (note: to see autoplay settings you have to have cable hooked to back)
Thank you I’ll give it ago. Much appreciated
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
haha - or take it to the wonderful music shop guy and have him set it up properly for you.