Answered

Play 5 2nd + Sub

• 1 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
Is that dad idea that I put my sub laying down onto my tv console niche? Any different when I playing music?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 February 2018, 01:05

I have my SUB laying down underneath my couch. There's a small amount of muffling, offset by some excitement on the couch when it starts moving. My major concern of being in a niche is the potential closing off of space on 5 sides, leaving only one space for the sound to emanate from, and the "direction" that the speaker is pointed to is just a ceiling which is relatively close. But you haven't said exactly how large this niche is, so it may be due to the less directional nature of the bass frequencies, it may be fine.

Why don't you try putting in there, and then listening to it. Then move it out to just outside the niche, and try the same music and see what you prefer?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I have my SUB laying down underneath my couch. There's a small amount of muffling, offset by some excitement on the couch when it starts moving. My major concern of being in a niche is the potential closing off of space on 5 sides, leaving only one space for the sound to emanate from, and the "direction" that the speaker is pointed to is just a ceiling which is relatively close. But you haven't said exactly how large this niche is, so it may be due to the less directional nature of the bass frequencies, it may be fine.

Why don't you try putting in there, and then listening to it. Then move it out to just outside the niche, and try the same music and see what you prefer?