Question

Play 3 or Play 5

I have a 13m x 5m double volume room that I want to purchase speakers for. Would the 2 Play:3's be enough or do I need the Play:5's.

I've also heard the play 5 are being discontinued and they are bring out a Play:7. When will this be happening?

4 replies

If you have the budget and the patience to wait till the new 5 units are launched, that's the way to go. Expected launch before the end of 2015 is all I have gathered. Ought to be available in time for the December shopping frenzy.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have a 10m x 10m high ceiling room and have a single Play5 and sub and unless you want full party/concert mode it's more than enough for that space but without the stereo.

I have a new zone to fill shortly and will probably buy 2 of the new play 5's and see how they compare with the Play5/sub.

If you want stereo you could go 2xPlay1 plus Sub or 2xPlay5. I don't see much point in Play3 these days
I don't really need the stereo but I want the flexibility to move one of the speakers outside when the weather is good.

Was also thinking of getting a Play 3 for a small room, reason not getting the Play 1 is I also want to be able to move that speaker outside when weather permits and I though the Play 1 would get lost outside. does that sound correct?
With no room reinforcement outside, I suspect both 1 and 3 would do equally poorly or equally well. I don't see any need to spend more on a 3 for that reason.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings