Play 3 or (2) Play 1's

• 18 January 2018
  • 3 replies

Want to add speakers to my dining room / bar. It's not a big room just normal size formal dining room. What would you say is better (1) Play:3 or (2) Play:1's? I'm listening to (2) Play:1's now cause that's what I have in the house...but I have never hear what Play:3 sounds like in comparison. Let me know what you think is better set up. Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

A play 1 pair. In my book, as long as the stereo image can be heard, stereo always wins. Except outdoors, where the listening areas are usually much larger than the stereo sweet spot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have a single Play:1 in my dining room and I think a single Play:1 is fine in there. I think 2 Play:1s would be overkill.

A Play:3 - if you feel a single Play:1 is not enough then yea I would recommend the Play:3. It's not a huge different vs. the Play:1 just a little more low end in my opinion (especially if placed toward a corner).
I prefer stereo separation, so I'd go with the two PLAY:1s.