Question

Play 1 vs 3 for 5.1 system

I'm planning a bar and want to setup a 5.1 system with a Playbar, Sub and either Play 1 or Play 3 rear speakers. The room is about 14x17 feet with 3 walls (back wall open). I plan to watch sports and play music, but nothing obscenely loud.

I'm wondering if the Play 3 will provide any additional benefit(s) from the Play 1 as rear speakers in this system? Is there an additional bass boost with the 3's?

Any opinions would be appreciated. TIA

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

yes, i will probably end up with a pair of play 5's in the downstairs loo at this rate, just to say ive got some 😃
Lastly, i have the sonos play one in the kitchen next to the lounge, do i buy another 2 x play ones or will 2x play 1's be better for the rear speakers ? last question before i buy x
Oh, sure, you promise it's the last question.... :)

To be honest, since they're the same price (or essentially so), I'd got with Sonos Ones versus PLAY:1s. They'd be more "future proof" in the long run.
Thank you for your help , looking forward to getting it set up now