Answered

Play 1 compared to Sonos SL

• 26 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Just wondering if the Sonos One SL without microphone is really better than Play 1 in terms of sound and functionality other than making the controls more aesthetic and being Airplay ready? Are there any real upgrades in performance for playing regular music. Play 1st are now on sale in many locations.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 December 2019, 01:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I can’t hear a difference in my 1s and SLs, I don’t play them loud though.

The SL has very different internals than the 1 so it may well be more future-proof than the 1. It will also pair with all of the other Ones which the 1 won’t.

I really like the real buttons on my Play 1s compared to the touch stuff on the SLs. 

Sonos does all they can to keep older gear working so I wouldn’t worry about the 1s going unsupported for at least ten years.

There is a good thread here:

Sonos One vs. PLAY:1 reference

The difference between a Sonos One and a Sonos One SL is just no mics, and no button to turn off said mics. 

There’s also a good thread here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/what-to-get-228989/sonos-speaker-comparison-charts-6821929

Note that both of these threads are pinned at the top of this area of the forum. 

Badge +1

thanks to you both for very helpful guidance