Answered

Pairing sonos one gen 1 and gen 2

• 23 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Hiya, I have a sonos one gen 1. Want to set up a stereo pair but availability for a white gen 1 difficult so would it sound unbalanced to pair a gen 2 with my existing gen 1?

Cheers
icon

Best answer by Kumar 23 April 2019, 10:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Kumar, the Sonos One (gen 2) and Play:1 cannot be stereo paired, though they can play together. I confirmed this with Sonos this evening.

The Play:1 is not what the OP is asking about. There are two slightly different versions of the Sonos One, the Gen 1 and Gen 2.
Kumar, the Sonos One (gen 2) and Play:1 cannot be stereo paired, though they can play together. I confirmed this with Sonos this evening.
Great, thanks very much for the advice 🙂
None, in every respect where a user is concerned, they are identical, which is why they can be stereo paired in the first place. Why they have different names is a mystery, to be honest. Unlike the case for the gen 2 play 5, which is so different from the old 5, that it should not even have been called a 5, but a 6 or 7! Sonos naming protocols are an enigma.
Ok, thanks - so there isn't any difference acoustically between gen 1 and 2?

Cheers
If you get one of the same colour, it would look the same too; in any colour both would sound the same/balanced.