Outdoor subwoofer

• 18 August 2017
  • 9 replies

Hi, have a sonso connect amp and KEF Ventura 6. Need a outdoor sub. I cant find any good outdoor sub, but maybe a car sub would be ok? But then i need a litle amp to that. Anybody that have a outdoor sub connected to sonos connect amp?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Not to a connect:amp, but it's not like it's any different than any other outdoor coaxial subwoofer. Polk, Niles, MartinLogan and others make outdoor subwoofers - the MartinLogan sounds particularily amazing, but even the Polk is quite good when dealing with outdoors and no walls to bounce off of to muddy the bass. Be sure to get direct burial wire or a conduit as well.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I have Polk's Atrium sub 10 hooked up to a connect amp. It definitely richens the sound in the yard. I recommend it. - Kris

https://www1.crutchfield.com/p_107ATSUB10/Polk-Audio-Atrium-Sub10.html
Kris how did you wire the sub 10 to your connect amp?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
TIC has a fairly inexpensive 8” sub for the yard about $105 on amazon. I use the stereo burial speakers and work well for the money.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Tim- I hooked up the left side of the sub with the left side of a connect amp and the right side with the right side of the connect amp. - Kris 😃
so you only used 2 out of the 4 wires on the sub and went direct to the ConnectAmp?
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
no, used all 4. - Kris
Userlevel 2
no, used all 4. - Kris i dig it. But if i did the sat30s speakers as well, do i just hook those wires with the sub and do everything on the 4 connections (left +/-, right +/-) on the Sonos amp and don't use the rca subwoofer connection on the Sonos?
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Yes.

Kris