Question

One and Play:5

• 3 December 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi, first post - I don't own any Sonos yet. Thanks in advance.

I live in a 800sq/ft top floor condo, my kitchen and living room are the same room. How about a Play:5 on top of my kitchen cabinets and a One on a stand in my living room? Maybe add a Play:1 later on. Let me know what you think!

Easy listening to music
Don't want to bother the neighbours
Spotify on Samsung Tablet and S7

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I'd actually swap them. Put the Sonos One on the cabinets, and the PLAY:5 in the living room.
Thanks Airgetlam, I could try that. In either configuration, does it seem like an ok idea? I guess I want to know if the Bass from the Play:5 along with the paired One stereo effect might be ok. Alexa isn't available in Canada yet but it supposed to be soon so I might as well buy a One speaker.
My ears aren't your ears, so it's hard for me to say for sure. But sure, that sounds like a good plan to me.
I spoke to the online chat assistant, they say yes its possible to have a One and Play:5 but they couldn't pair in stereo, a Play:1 and One cannot pair in stereo either, and although that was not my main concern I did finally find a thread about pairing a similar configuration to my original post that raises some concern. I think I will have to leave Alexa for another time and just go with 1 Play:5 for now, if I do end up trying it i'll update this thread.

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/how-to-bond-play-1-and-play-5-into-the-same-room-6789490