Old School just want to add two speakers in stereo to Connect

• 10 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Connect running into a Onkyo Integra Receiver driving three zones of whole house audio wired speakers. I want to add two speakers in the kitchen ( home builder did not install wired speakers in the kitchen). They need to be Wifi and powered. Are sonos speakers the only choice? I do want them to sync with the rest of the whole house system.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Any Sonos speakers you add would be in sync with the data coming from the CONNECT. They would not be in sync with music from the Onkyo going to the connect, but that might not be an issue, if you only have the CONNECT and no other Sonos speakers right now. I've got a pair of PLAY:1s in my kitchen, they fill the room quite well.

Not sure that on a Sonos site you're going to get a lot of recommendations for something other than Sonos. If you're looking for other recommendations, perhaps try a neutral site, like AV Forum.