Question

novice sonos user in new house needs advice for setup

• 31 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there, I moved into a house with two rooms with ceiling speakers and a set of outdoor speakers.  room 1 with ceiling speakers is meant to run off the amp as rears in a surround setup, the other ceiling speakers room 2 and outdoor speakers Room 3 have separate volume control.  I have a samsung tv and soundbar For the home theatre portion of rom 1 and it is fine for music so I don’t really need the ceiling speakers in room 1 to be live.  Room 2 and room 3 are wired to the same corner where the amp for room 1 would be.  I had given up on it two years ago as I was told there is no easy to run setup from a smartphone to Bluetooth stream music from a phone to an amp and to three separate Zones.  Now I realize I only need two zones and I was told Sonos has some easy to run options for this. What do I need to buy? Is there one Sonos amp that could run both zones ( 4 speakers) and allow me to stream music from my phone, change zones etc… all from my phone? I don’t need to have different music on both zones or even music on both at the same time if it is a big deal. Many thanks!!!

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DrT33.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend calling our sales team at +18006802345 option 4. They may have the best recommendation and suggestion which may include what package to purchase and what’s on sale on our website.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns,. We are always here to help.

Thanks,