Question

Newbie looking for suggestions on what to buy

• 6 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Hey guys,

Looking for information and recommendations.
I have a open floor plan raised ranch home. The kitchen, living room and dining room are all one large space with vaulted ceilings and I’d like audio in all the spaces as well as potentially outdoors and master bedroom.

I like the look of in ceiling speakers and was thinking about the thenos ceiling enclosures.

Ultimately I’m looking to have the capability to play audio from tv in the living room when watching tv and only have it broadcast in the living room using the sonos 3.1 or 5.1 setup. But at times, like holiday gatherings or super bowl, could I play music/tv utilizing all speakers (one in kitchen, master bedroom, outdoors even maybe) I know zones are feasible with sonos but can you have multiple zones as well as merging them all together at once?

Sorry in advance for the newb question but haven’t been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sonos has started taking orders for architectural speakers. Have a look at this link - https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/architectural-solutions?utm_source=owners_null_121392716&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button-t0-sonancelearnmore_US&utm_campaign=SonanceArch_Preorder_167915_1223034&et_rid=121392716
With Sonos you can group speakers together like traditional zones. You can easily play one source on all or select Sonos speaker groups or they can all play different sources. Have fun with your project!