New Sonos products

• 4 April 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Dear Sonos,

At this moment i own a pair of Sonos One speakers which i really love and use almost daily.

I want to upgrade to a 5.1 surround set. But im really afraid Sonos will release a new Subwoofer and maybe also surround speakers.

Ofcourse i understand why Sonos won't publicly anounce it now but spending +/- €1600 euros now (Full set as i will keep the Ones extra) and see new products this year wont be cool..

Hence my question is, is it "safe" to spend alot of money now, while the sub is getting kinda old.. Also i think the current sub is overkill and too expensive for its function in my house.

Many thanks in advance, if a Sonos employee could say it's safe or not to buy it now i would apreciate it very much!

Nadian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos won't publicly anounce it
You got that right, they won't here as well.
Badge +7
I'll save you a lot of time. You're not going to find information here or elsewhere concerning future Sonos product launches.

This is by design.

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
HI Nadian, as the others have suggested, I can't comment on future products or plans that haven't been announced yet. However, I will say that if you're looking at the Sub, it's worth every penny today as it will be tomorrow, at least in my opinion. Even if a new one comes out, the one you buy will still be able to do everything it did when you bought it, and it'll keep on getting software updates for a long time too. When the Play:5 gen2 came out, the Play:5 gen1 was just as good as it had been when it came out, there was a new option that was available.

So I wouldn't worry too much. If it's in the budget and you have the itch, check it out. If you purchase from us at Sonos.com, there's a better generous money back guaranty too, to further protect your conscience.