new sonos owner looking to add already

• 3 April 2021
  • 4 replies

new owner of arc and sub.im blown away by the sound and older yamaha receiver and orbs are out of here. tv is located in den and now looking to add some sound to my living room/ dining room. whats suggested ? and do i need one or two speakers? thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Without knowing the exact layout or size of your living/dining area:

Best: A pair of Sonos Fives

Good: A pair of Sonos Ones

Classy: A pair of Sonos Architectural in-ceiling speakers powered by a Sonos Amp

Portable: A pair of Sonos Moves

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Without knowing the exact layout or size of your living/dining area:

Best: A pair of Sonos Fives

Good: A pair of Sonos Ones

Classy: A pair of Sonos Architectural in-ceiling speakers powered by a Sonos Amp

Portable: A pair of Sonos Moves

But consider a Sub too to go with the Fives or the Ones. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Glad you are enjoying them. Be careful, it is an addictive habit. 😊 One other consideration besides size and layout is whether you are looking for active or passive sound, meaning if you are entertaining a lot and just want something in the background or if you are hanging and want to macimize your experience. 

room size is 12x 24. thinking ill go for a set of 5’s and another sub i can hide in corner behind sectional. just watched 1st movie with the arc and sub. i thought it was good playing music but the movie was where it was unreal.the 4 month wait for the arc and sub was worth it. every time the local chain had it they were gone