Answered

Need surround suggestion - Beam vs Playbar?

• 14 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi, I have a Play:5 in my living room mainly for music and love it, need a suggestion for surround setup in a seperate room for movies, games, and music.

Basically I’m thinking either Beam+Sub+two Ones or Playbar+two Ones. Anyone with experience can suggest which is better for the rich, full sounds I’m getting from the Play:5? Or would some other setup be your top suggestion?

This other room is just a large bedroom, so probably equal to a mid/smallish living room.

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by Edward R 14 November 2018, 10:57

Hi, dorian2018. Our user AjTrek1 posted a great thread outlining the primary differences between a Beam and Playbar. That should get you started. (If it helps at all, feel free to leave a comment letting him know).

My own opinion, any setup including a SUB is ultimately going to trump any other without one. Even though the stereo image on the PLAYBAR is wider, in a smallish living room (large bedroom), I don't necessarily think that would matter. It wouldn't to me, in any case.

Is there anywhere nearby you where you can go and get an idea of each product?

I'm sure others will chime in. Thanks for your post.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, dorian2018. Our user AjTrek1 posted a great thread outlining the primary differences between a Beam and Playbar. That should get you started. (If it helps at all, feel free to leave a comment letting him know).

My own opinion, any setup including a SUB is ultimately going to trump any other without one. Even though the stereo image on the PLAYBAR is wider, in a smallish living room (large bedroom), I don't necessarily think that would matter. It wouldn't to me, in any case.

Is there anywhere nearby you where you can go and get an idea of each product?

I'm sure others will chime in. Thanks for your post.