Question

Need help creating a sonos ecosystem

• 7 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello Everybody,

I am looking to create a sonos ecosystem for my business. I do not have any experience with sonos and their ecosystem so I am looking for some help. I am looking to get 2 ceiling speakers, 1 for each bathroom, and 4 sonos one for the customer area. All the speakers will be playing the same music, but I would like to have at least 2 zone control, preferably 3. What equipments would I need to make this possible. Would one Amp be sufficient for this?

Thank you everyone for your time.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @iisthisfun 

Welcome to Sonos and the community!

Sonos basics you need router with 2.4Ghz band. Most routers have dual band capability with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz. The latter will most likely not be utilized in your scenario. Read this on setting up Sonos.

You’ll need a Sonos Amp for the in-ceiling speakers with a suggested impedance rating of 8 ohms. You might consider Sonos In-ceiling Architectural speakers by Sonance. 

The four Sonos One’s (and I suggest One SL’s w/o voice assistant capability) can be positioned on walls with brackets high enough out of reach. 

Each Sonos One SL can be setup as a room such as Wall:1, Wall:2 etc. The Sonos Amp will be set as a room also such as Bath.

Each room is actually a separate zone. They can all be brought together as one by Grouping them together. All should be set as Mono players including the Amp to insure that there is no separation of one speaker playing left channel and the other playing the right channel. That setup insures that clients will hear the same sound no matter their position in the room.

After all is set you would essentially have 5 rooms/zones. I would also recommend setting the system as wired to operate on the SonosNet. Doing so will isolate Sonos from other wi-fi device interference both electronic and human body generated.

As your system appears to be in a commercial environment you may have to acquire a business account in order to stream from on-line sources. In the US even music you own can be subject to fees imposed by ASCAP.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask additional questions.

Cheers!