Answered

Music setup: stereo Ones + Sub or stereo Fives

• 15 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Dear community,

Since I love my Sonos mostly for listening to music (I’ve tried the beam and arc but my 250 euro Samsung soundbar with subwoofer (!) is fine for me on the tv) I wanne know what setup to go for.

Either two Ones with a sub or two Fives ? 

I currently own two Ones and my living room is not that big, 30m2. 

Adding the sub would be €800 (Sonos please release a cheaper subwoofer ffs) or replacing the ones with fives would be €1k+ but then I can use the ones in a different room. 

Many thanks for any advice! I would love to hear from people who own or tried both setups. 

icon

Best answer by Kyle A 15 August 2020, 18:57

Hi @Nadian, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

For In-depth recommendations, I suggest contacting our Sales department. 

1 800 680 2345 Option 4 Monday to Friday from 10 am to 8 pm ET.

For a 30m² room, either option should be just fine. It depends on your preference. 

You want louder music, the Fives will be your choice. You want more Bass, the Sub will do.

Hopefully, some of the community members can give you their hands-on experience.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Nadian, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

For In-depth recommendations, I suggest contacting our Sales department. 

1 800 680 2345 Option 4 Monday to Friday from 10 am to 8 pm ET.

For a 30m² room, either option should be just fine. It depends on your preference. 

You want louder music, the Fives will be your choice. You want more Bass, the Sub will do.

Hopefully, some of the community members can give you their hands-on experience.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Badge +1

Ah I didn’t mean to press answer 😅 

Question for experiences and opinions still open! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

For music, I would say a pair of Fives sound better than Ones and a Sub. The Fives are just more rounded in my opinion and give a great depth of sound.

If you are in a country where you have a free trial period, why not order both the Fives and a Sub then decide which you like best. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

For day and night i asked my self that question, but i already hade the stereo fives, the fives alone are really good with plenty of bass, however the fives dont go that deep, ever since i was 15 years old i had my favorite tracks,once i got the sub i ofcourse started playing those tracks and till this day it still amazes me what the sub can do, i had no idea that some of my favorite tracks had  such huge bass ( low frequency) my walls and floor really vibrates, its awsome, there are things i have never heard before that i can finally hear, if i was you i would go with 2 ones and a sub, u literally get the best out of 2 worlds you get stereo and huge bass, i cant ofcourse tell u how ones with a sub sounds since i have the fives with sub, but i have heard the ones and they sound great,just my 5 cents take care! 

Badge +1

Thanks @lohr500 @Daniel88 

i think I’ll go with the ones and sub