Question

Mounting Sonos Arc to a swing arm mount?

• 21 September 2020
  • 2 replies

I am considering buying a Sonos Arc, but my TV is mounted on a swing arm and it's watched from a 20-25 degree angle of the wall. That means I cannot place the Arc on a cabinet or mount it to a wall.

What is the recommendation for this setup?

2 replies

I am considering buying a Sonos Arc, but my TV is mounted on a swing arm and it's watched from a 20-25 degree angle of the wall. That means I cannot place the Arc on a cabinet or mount it to a wall.

What is the recommendation for this setup?

Sonos doesn’t have a mount for that scenario, so I don’t think they would have a recommendation.  I have not seen any other brand come out with a mount for that sceario either.  I imagine you would want to use the TV mount + Arc mount with some custom made brackets to hold the two together.

I’m not sure I would consider using an Arc for that situation.  It’s build for the audio to bounce off walls and ceiling before reaching the seating area, and that seems more difficult to accomplish from a corner like that.  As well, you’ want to Trueplay tune it to a set position.  I probably would look at using a Beam or some other soundbar instead, personally.

I have not seen any other brand come out with a mount for that sceario either.  I imagine you would want to use the TV mount + Arc mount with some custom made brackets to hold the two together.

There are plenty of "universal" mounts that attach to the TV mount itself and provide mounting points for a soundbar.

I am just an not sure what kind is most suitable here.

I’m not sure I would consider using an Arc for that situation.  It’s build for the audio to bounce off walls and ceiling before reaching the seating area, and that seems more difficult to accomplish from a corner like that.  As well, you’ want to Trueplay tune it to a set position.  I probably would look at using a Beam or some other soundbar instead, personally.

My parents have a Sonos Beam and I do not find it's performance acceptable, i need better stereo separation at the very least, and I would like some basic atmos effect.

My guess is that the simulated rear channels will suffer most, but I would hope the ceiling Trenton reflection would work fine. Not sure about the bass, but since the Arc is designed to sit on a cabinet it cannot rent on being that close to a wall.