Question

Loudness levels of Move vs Beam

• 27 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,
I recently bought Sonos Move and I’m really astounded by its sound quality. I use this speaker literally in every room in my flat. Now I’m considering buying Sonos Beam to improve my TV sound quality. The only thing I’m concern about is the loudness level of the Beam. I read some opinions that it’s not loud enough for some people.
Does anyone has got both speakers and can compare their max volume level? For example, the max volume of Beam is about 60% of Move, etc..
Second questions, how would you compare sound quality for both speakers? I know it might hard because it’s a different sound system, but just give your personal feeling about it.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Probablyme666.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Hope this full comparison for the Sonos Move & Sonos Beam can help you out.

Sonos Move

Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.

Responsive audio chime lets you know Sonos Move has heard you and is working on a response.

Far-field microphone array uses advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation so your voice assistant can be readily activated.

One downward-firing tweeter creates a crisp, clear high-frequency response that disperses evenly for an ultra-wide soundstage.

One mid-woofer integrated into the cabinet ensures faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.

Sonos Beam.

Four full-range woofers ensure you’ll hear the faithful playback of mid-range vocal frequencies plus deep, rich bass.

One tweeter creates a crisp and clear dialogue.

Three passive radiators help move air around inside the compact Sonos Beam and add warm sound to the bass.

Adjustable bass and treble controls let you customize your sound by individual rooms or groups of rooms.

Five Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speaker drivers and acoustic architecture.

Five far-field microphone array used for advanced beamforming and multi-channel echo cancellation.

When the microphone LED is on, Beam is ready for a voice command. When the light is off, the microphone is off.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.