Question

Looking to maybe buy Sonos

Show first post

34 replies

Badge
Budget for speakers is £250/£300, pre amp sorted now from Richer Sounds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
You are the first person I have come across on here who only has the amp, and got rid of play:1's. Nothing wrong In what you are doing, just I didn't expect it.
I would recommend Monitor Audio BX's that I have, and always do well in their price range. If you have a rayliegh Hi-fi near you, they will set them up in their test room for you to listen to first.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Note: Of course a subwoofer (any standard amplified sub) can be hooked to the Connect:amp sub output.
Badge
You are the first person I have come across on here who only has the amp, and got rid of play:1's. Nothing wrong In what you are doing, just I didn't expect it.
I would recommend Monitor Audio BX's that I have, and always do well in their price range. If you have a rayliegh Hi-fi near you, they will set them up in their test room for you to listen to first.

I'm going to have to go into Exeter or Bristol to demo speakers, there are a couple of retailers in each, I will see if I can hear the MA's, bit out of touch with latest hi fi, last pair of speakers I had were Monitor Audio, its a while back and I think they were called Silver ?, not bookshelf ones, mounted on heavy stands, still have the stands in loft, so they may come in handy. Think I still have the speaker cables as well, its QED, no idea what it was, two 4 metre lengths did cost me about £50, which was a lot about 6 years back, then again that included pre fitted speaker pugs as well. I', sure this set up will be better for us, the play Ones were excellent for me, but as she agreed to increasing the budget to allow for turntable and as she calls them normal looking speakers in wooden box, her words not mine, I was happy to go ahead with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Yeah silvers are mid price range, with bronze at bottom & gold at top. They should be able to set it up with the sonos amp, or you could take yours in with record player & test the lot ;O)
Badge
I'm going to ring a few shops up to ask about my set up, only problem taking my stuff is getting it to the shops, most of which are in town centres with no parking, most seem to sell Sonos, so I would think demos wouldn't be a problem, just need to check on Rega though. Sonos Amp here today, and Cambridge or amp possibly tomorrow. Still have stands from old speakers, so that saves buying more and speaker cables.
Badge
All sorted now,bought a pair of Dali Sensor 1 speakers, were really pleased with set up, have speakers mounted on stands, at the moment we are enjoying using the old record collection again, I need to sort out setting up my digital stuff on the NAS. Hope to get that sorted over Easter. I've given her indoors my old Moto g smartphone, and set it up for use with Sonos, she actually showing a bit of interest. Thanks for all the help and advice
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I would also recommend using google play and tunein radio, to find music from your favourite artists that you may have missed. It opens the whole world of music up, far greater than you could ever collect onto your NAS.
Badge
I have used Google Play for some time on my phone and tablet, and occasionally Tunein. At the moment were not to bothered with streaming things like Tunelin, Deezer, Spotify etc. More just want to use our music collection of records and digital. As soon as I get my head round setting the NAS up, hopefully this weekend we will enjoy it even more. I know Sonos has lots of app additions, but for the time being we will just keep it simple.,

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings