Answered

Line-in functionality

• 4 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I am considering buying a Beam and a Connect and hoping to confirm they will do what I want them to.

I want to run a line-in from my Mac to the Beam, and a line-in from my record player (w/ built-in pre-amp) to the Connect, and then stream from either line-in to both speakers.

Will that work? Will it allow me to listen to my computer audio in both rooms, and my record player audio in both rooms?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 November 2018, 17:09

It should, they would be considered two separate line ins in the Sonos software. You may have some challenges in connecting the Mac to the Beam, so be sure to do your research there. The Beam is expecting either HDMI-ARC ( not HDMI) or an optical connection with the adapter.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It should, they would be considered two separate line ins in the Sonos software. You may have some challenges in connecting the Mac to the Beam, so be sure to do your research there. The Beam is expecting either HDMI-ARC ( not HDMI) or an optical connection with the adapter.