Answered

laptop to five or port

• 4 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I have a laptop that i would like to get on my Sonos system. Is it best to buy the new five with a Line in or should it be the port. If i choose the new five would the Sound come out on all my speakers

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 4 May 2021, 19:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

And line in to a Sonos device will be playable on any Sonos speaker on your system.  So the decision between Port and Five comes down to cost, and what other features of the product you can utilize.  Also note that the Sonos Roam can connect to your laptop via bluetooth, then share the stream with your other Sonos speakers. 

Worth noting as well that Sonos can play music files directly off your laptop without using aux input or bluetooth.   If this is your intent, that may be the best way to go.  I personally use the plex streaming services, which allows me to play my music on Sonos, on TVs, and away from home via a plex app.