Answered

Integrating Turntable W/ Exisiting Setup

• 17 October 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

So I'm in the market for a Turntable, and I have my eye a U-Turn Audio Orbit.

My question is: what will I need to ensure a great setup? I already have a Playbar, and I'm thinking either a pair of Ones or Fives to complete the surround setup. The Orbit can be configured with or without a built-in preamp.

So what are my options here, keeping in mind the new connect products that Sonos will release in the months to come. Thanks! 🙂
icon

Best answer by Chris 18 October 2018, 00:42

Well you don't really have a Sonos input to plug the U-Turn into.

First you would need to get U-Turn with built in pre-amp no matter what. That then gives you RCA outs. You would have to have an adapter (and a switch to be able to hook up TV too) to get that output into the Playbar optical input.

If you buy Play:5s for your surrounds …. the inputs are disabled when paired as surrounds …. again no input. Same goes for Connect:Amp and assumingly Sonos Amp … loose inputs if paired as surrounds.

So that leaves a stand alone Play:5, Connect, Connect:Amp or Sonos Amp (upcoming) as your choices of devices you have to have to input your turntable into the Sonos ecosystem.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well you don't really have a Sonos input to plug the U-Turn into.

First you would need to get U-Turn with built in pre-amp no matter what. That then gives you RCA outs. You would have to have an adapter (and a switch to be able to hook up TV too) to get that output into the Playbar optical input.

If you buy Play:5s for your surrounds …. the inputs are disabled when paired as surrounds …. again no input. Same goes for Connect:Amp and assumingly Sonos Amp … loose inputs if paired as surrounds.

So that leaves a stand alone Play:5, Connect, Connect:Amp or Sonos Amp (upcoming) as your choices of devices you have to have to input your turntable into the Sonos ecosystem.