Question

Integrating Sonos with Home Theater

• 2 October 2019
  • 1 reply

I currently have a bunch of Play1s all around the house along with a bridge (at least thats what i think it is). I am planning on investing in a Home Theater with an AV and 3.1 (L, R, C and Sub speakers) - This will be my main system hooked up with TV and video sources (through AV).

For whole house audio (Sonos is great at that), what is the bare minimum I need to do (which Sonos device do I need to integrate) so that I can distribute audio to my Play1s and the traditional bookshelf speakers in my home theater?

Ex: Play Spotify (let's say via Alexa or Google assistant) all around the house thru Play1s and my home theater speakers + sub. However, for regular TV, I will only use my Home Theater speakers and sub. Will the bridge suffice?

Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, the BRIDGE is a networking device, not an audio device. You should be looking at the Port.