input for mix of various speakers

• 24 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi folks 

Ling time Sonos user. First post ever. Appreciate any input/feedback/opinions. Thinking best response wins a $20 Amazon gift card. Lol

Trying to get other opinions on possibly setup ideas and placing what speakers where. WiFi connectivity is not a problem in any room.

Below is what I have currently:

The main tv (living room area) is about the only thing set with arc, sub, and 2 new symphonics just bought today for surround to free up Ones elsewhere.

After that trying to figure what to place where in regards to larger attached area (dining room) off the main tv/arc and the 2 bedrooms (master and guest ) along with back porch/sunroom where I’ve been using the Move.

Here are some pics and room sizes

Room where arc, sub gen 3 , and symphonics are is pretty set (living room). It’s the larger space attached/adjoin (call it dining room) to the main tv (living room) that is challenging Have had second sub tied into the arc (living room) as well which sounds great.

Just tried pairing gen 2 sub with the ones in back of room (dining room) to see as opposed to doubling subs up with arc. Pretty critical I can have good audio while also using 5.1 arc setup in living room. Sub seems to be overkill in bedrooms. Possibly in master bedroom it’s ok where playbar currently is at. Even had playbar at back of larger room (dining room) as was clean on the amour with the sitting Buddha and filled room well with sound. But seemed a waste with no tv. Ideally a mix of airplay in both bedrooms but not necessary.

Living room (where arc is basically the stone wall area to tv 13x10)

Dining room (larger area attached and off living room area 26x19)

Master bedroom (13x14 has playbar mounted on wall under Samsung frame ) (greenish room with tile)

Guest room (13x9) (beige room light wood floors)

Sun porch - anything will do. Have had move here previously as worked well and if I took out of house wouldn’t really miss in main setup. Flexibility of true play is nice though.

Also have an office that don’t use any products as often on calls an can here fine when system is playing elsewhere.

2 symphonic bookshelf speakers

1x Arc

1 x One SL gen 2

1 x One gen 2

1 x Sub gen 3

1 x Sub gen 2

1 x Playbar

1 x Move

1 x Five

1 x Play Five

1 x Boost

1 x ConnectAmp Gen 2

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge

Thanks fir them response and sorry for delay in getting back as I was away. I like yours thinking. Couple thoughts I’d be curious on your input. Putting 5 in master as opposed to playbar?  The master bedroom is definitely a larger space but often feel the playbar by itself lacks some of the bass that the 5 provides.  Playbar also seems to struggle with connectivity back there, I may move my boost into master if putting there. I also have an old klipsh 6 sub I can run off the ConnectAmp that hits pretty hard if keeping playbar in master as it’s overkill in guest room. But I think would eliminate usage for outdoor speakers as u mentioned.  Thoughts?  I also have an old klipsh center channel  I’d like to use but can’t figure how to wire in unless I just do as a left or right speaker off ConnectAmp, as opposed to some type of bonding the left and right channel  which I don’t think Sonos recommends. 

Finnaly for the ones in dining room. Shoukd I have those on same side of the house as the arc so all the music is during the same way. In traditionally have them all the way in back opposite the arc, but when I think of a concert venue or something all the music is firing in one direction normally. Not sure if  this makes sense?  I love overthinking. Woukd be nice if could true play then all together.  My thoughts are if opposing sides of the house the music waves may be banging  into each other from arc coming from one end and ones the other even though good distance apart?  Thoughts?

thanks and looks like your gift card winner as only feedback. Lol  

ps any decent outdoor speakers that won’t break the bank?

Userlevel 7

Living Room - Arc, Sub (Gen 3), SYMFONISK Bookshelf (2)

Dining Room - One SL + One (stereo pair), Sub (Gen 2)

Master Bedroom - Playbar

Kitchen/Patio - Move

Guest Bedroom - Five

Office - Play:5

Backyard - Connect:Amp + pair of new outdoor speakers

Badge

Looks like missed a couple living and dining room pics