Answered

Include my stereo equipment into Sonos

Badge

What kind of Sonos equipment do i need to connect this to Sonos:

1 cd player denon

1 amp nad

1 turntable rega

Should’nt connect all just with one port?

icon

Best answer by ratty 1 March 2020, 23:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Sonos Port would be what you’d want.

What model of NAD amp do you have? We can probably advise on how to best connect the Port. NADs tend to be pretty flexible and if it has a ‘tape loop’ (REC out + TAPE in + ‘monitor’ switch) then it makes life rather simpler to treat the Port as if it was a ‘tape deck’.

Badge

Sonos Port would be what you’d want.

What model of NAD amp do you have? We can probably advise on how to best connect the Port. NADs tend to be pretty flexible and if it has a ‘tape loop’ (REC out + TAPE in + ‘monitor’ switch) then it makes life rather simpler to treat the Port as if it was a ‘tape deck’.

I have a NAD3020I

Denon DCD690

MIssion 760I

Rega Planar 1

My question still is - connect everything to Nad and after that the Nad to the Port?

Thank you

Connect the turntable and CD player to the NAD.

Wire the NAD’s tape out to the Port’s Line-In, so you can play those sources through the Sonos system to other speakers, assuming you have some.

Wire the Port’s Line-Out to the NAD’s tape in, to stream via Sonos to your NAD+Missions.

Badge

Connect the turntable and CD player to the NAD.

Wire the NAD’s tape out to the Port’s Line-In, so you can play those sources thorough the Sonos system to other speakers, assuming you have some.

Wire the Port’s Line-Out to the NAD’s tape in, to stream via Sonos to your NAD+Missions.

yes ...i have a playbar in living room 1.

this questions is for my other room where i have my stereo system.

Then ratty’s suggestion is indeed the correct one for you. 

Badge

Then ratty’s suggestion is indeed the correct one for you. 

thank you guys.

Somewhat related:

I have an NAD 3020 V2, and happy using it with wired speakers and Pro-ject Carbon Debut TT. I am wondering whether I can connect the NAD to Sonos Port via the pre out on the NAD to synchronously play music on the wired speakers and to Sonos wireless speakers.

Somewhat related:

I have an NAD 3020 V2, and happy using it with wired speakers and Pro-ject Carbon Debut TT. I am wondering whether I can connect the NAD to Sonos Port via the pre out on the NAD to synchronously play music on the wired speakers and to Sonos wireless speakers.

You could, or better still you could use the Tape out jacks which wouldn’t be controlled by the NAD’s volume.

Thanks. this model 3020  doesn’t have tape out, so stuck with the pre out.

Thanks. this model 3020  doesn’t have tape out, so stuck with the pre out.

Right. I was misled by the model number, and was thinking of its illustrious ancestor.