In-Ceiling Waterpoof Speaker for Shower

• 11 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I am currently re-doing my master bathroom.

I have in-ceiling/wall speakers throughout my house and now is my chance to add something into the bathroom.

Has anyone put in-ceiling speakers for their Sonos inside a shower? Obviously it would have to be water/moisture proof.

I was thinking about putting one speaker in the main area of the bathroom and one speaker inside the shower. But I’m open to any other feedback or suggestions.

I’m trying to figure out the best move and the associated budget.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You would need to purchase moisture resistant single point stereo speakers. That way both speakers will play both stereo channels, otherwise you will have a single channel in the shower and a single in the bathroom. OSD makes some good units.
Thanks for the reply, jgatie.
That is a great suggestion.

I was hoping to put one speaker IN the shower... and it has a steam shower... so I’m wondering if I need a speaker that is actually fully waterproof as opposed to just moisture resistant.

The steam can get intense... and the speaker would be sitting there in the ceiling exposed.

What do you think?

Would the OSD speaker do the trick or would I need something more waterproof?

Thanks again!
Any weatherproof speaker will be able to survive steam. Note also, the new Sonos Amp has a mono setting, eliminating the need for single point stereo speakers.
Thanks so much for the super fast reply.
You rock! :)

So you think I can put the OSD speaker you suggested directly inside the steam shower?

It doesn’t specifically say waterproof.

If you feel good about it, I’ll buy it right away!

Thanks again.
Really appreciate the expert insight.
OSD has models that are waterproof, made for showers or outdoors.