Question

I own playbar/sub - need play 1s? or play 3s?

• 27 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi Im' looking for some opinions and guidance on what I should buy. I have the playbar/Sub / play 5 - I'm looking to get either the play1 or play 3 to complete the surround sound cinema setup.

What do you guys think is best.? My living room is medium size. Do the play 3 allow for surround set setup (both 1 and 2nd gen)?
Is there a 1/2nd gen on the play 1s? Is there a big difference in sound from the 1 and 3?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Shoot. Playbar. Why isn't it named Play:Bar? What's wrong with their marketing department? Consistency is key! 🙂
Just to add to Kumar's post, there's also only one generation of Play:3s. In fact, the Play:5 is the only two generation speaker.

And I certainly concur with Kumar. In both of my TV 5.1 setups, I use Play:1s, they're perfect for surround sound, and are also most effective when I'm just listening to music.

I do have a pair of Play:3s as well, in another room, they're great as well, but if my budget was limited, and I'm adding to a Play:Bar, it would be a set of Play:1s.
In surround applications, play 1 units are perfectly adequate, and there isn't anything to gain by using more. There is only one generation of play 1.