Question

I am thinking of purchasing the Panasonic TX-58GX800B. WIll it play nice with arc?

• 23 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi all, 

I am a bit of a newb when it comes to Atmos.  I am looking at getting the arc to compliment my purchase of a Panasonic TX-58GX800B.

My question is will this TV support an Atmos signal?  

Many thanks. 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jammo=,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share with you this link from the manufacturer’s website that indicated the TV’s make and model provided does support Dolby Atmos.

I hope this link helps.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, We are always ready to help.

Thanks,

Thankyou so much for the swift reply.

I have another tv I was looking into.  The HIsense R65B7120UK.  From some looking around online this may well be the one I settle for.  As far as I can see this doesnt say Atmos on it anywhere but does support HDMI 2 ARC.  Will this tv pass an Atmos signal through it?  Sorry for the newb questions and this will be the last one I promise.  :)

The HIsense R65B7120UK.  From some looking around online this may well be the one I settle for.  As far as I can see this doesnt say Atmos on it anywhere but does support HDMI 2 ARC.  Will this tv pass an Atmos signal through it?  Sorry for the newb questions and this will be the last one I promise.  :)

Best to address those queries to the manufacturer’s customer care service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You cannot really rely on published specs for this kind of stuff, as this is complicated and manufacturers do a bad job of providing enough details. A site such as rtings.com does contain more information, but even that cannot be 100% relied on (eg recent Samsung TVs on paper should work, but don’t).

As Sonos are not interested in sharing their compatibility data for some reason, either you have to buy a TV and try it, or find someone on this forum who has already tried the exact same model.

If buying a TV for Atmos use in 2020, make sure it has eARC support (HDMI-ARC is iffy) and HDMI 2.1.

Agreed with both the previous two posts. Additional information, which may or may not be applicable to these two manufacturers current product, is that historically, both have had significant problems when using Sonos in the past. As suggested, if they are now eARC and HDMI 2.1 compliant, one would not expect further issues.

Thankyou for all your help.  I will see if I can find a comparable tv with eARC and in budget.  :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Jammo.

Thanks for the update and immediate reply. 

It seems everything boils down to your choice and preference. 

Please let us know if you still have further questions and concerns. Here in the community, We are always here to help.

Thanks,