Question

How many Five's?

• 12 July 2020
  • 3 replies

I need help to figure out how to cover a room that is an L shape, roughly 30’ x 40’ with a 10’ x 10’ cutout and 10’ ceilings. I’m intending to use Sonos Fives. Or maybe I should get One SLs? 

I called Sonos and the rep said that 2 Fives should be plenty, but that doesn’t seem possible. 

Whatever the answer, what are the considerations for placement and mounting them? 

Thanks!

(newbie)

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @LBDinNYC, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

Since you contacted our phone support and they say 2 should be plenty, you can start with the suggestion then add more if you want.

For mounting the Fives, I would suggest not too high because you’ll have a harder time troubleshooting it when needed.

If you’re mounting it high up, I suggest mounting it in an upright position. So that you can still see the Status Light on the speaker.

As long as you have easy access to the player; you should be fine.

You can also consider this article when mounting the Fives. Reducing wireless interference can help the Five’s connectivity.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

What about placement? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @LBDinNYC,

For placement, how do you want to use the Fives? as home theater speakers, a stereo system, or stand-alone speakers?

It depends on what set up your planning to do.

Home theater surrounds speakers bonded to a Sonos home theater speaker, they will be at the back where you’re seated.

Stereo at the corners of the room will be fine or placed on a table on each side.

Stand-alone speakers, you can place one of them in another room.

if you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.