Answered

Hooking up a turntable - Connect, Connect-AMP or Sonos5 ?

• 27 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi
I have a Rega turntable (so no amp) and a Denon amp (but its about 20 yrs old), and am planning to pick up a Sonos 5 for my living room and 2 Sonos 1's for my bedroom. I was about to buy the Sonos 5 but now not sure if I should go for a Connect or Connect:Amp. Note I am retiring my old Mission speakers as they are pretty much goosed. So I guess my questions are
1) If I go with a turntable via my own amp to my Sonos 5 configuration, does this limit me from streaming vinyl to my Sonos 1's ? Assuming not, then is there any reason I should go for a connect ?
2) If i decide to just go with the 1's for now (and so I can have stereo sound and save for the 5) do I just hook up my turntable to my own amp, then to the Sonos connect and then to my Sonos 1's
3) Am I right in saying that I only need to consider the Connect:Amp if I am planning to use my own speakers ?
Thanks in advance folks
Merb
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 December 2017, 01:28

1) No. Not really.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

1) No. Not really.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
excellent - thx Airgetiam