Question

HELP - Newbie in desperate need of HELP

• 25 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Need help with the desktop app

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

We have Sonos at work, and I closed my app down when I reopened it doesn't show the are I manage, only the upstairs area, & I cant change the area at all on the app!
We need a little more information. You are using this on a PC or Mac, right? If so, there is a pane on the left side of the Controller showing all your Rooms (call them areas if you wish). Is your area listed here (you may have to scroll up/down to find it if your system has many rooms)? If it is there, just click on it and the Now Playing/Queue/Controls panels will switch to your area. If your area is not listed, then your system may be split into two subnets, or you may have network problems. Get back to us with your results.
Hi, yes using a pc, it only shows one room, not a drop down of the two rooms that are available, when I have tried to set up the play1 again it is saying it is already set up
Hi, yes using a pc, it only shows one room, not a drop down of the two rooms that are available, when I have tried to set up the play1 again it is saying it is already set up

Your Play:1 may have gone offline. This can be for a few reasons. Try removing the power and waiting a few seconds, then re-power. That will ensure the unit gets a new IP address and may cure your problem. Try this and let us know what happens.

Note that if this happens often, there are some network issues that have to be worked out. Specifically, reserving IP addresses for the Sonos units in the router setup is probably the way to go.
Thanks we have tried turning it off & this doesn't help either 😞
Is there any Sonos unit wired to the network anywhere? If they're all connected to the work WiFi it could be that the missing unit has attached itself to a different part of the network, which the PC controller can't see.
We have connected a network cable instead of connecting it to the wifi & its worked
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
We have connected a network cable instead of connecting it to the wifi & its worked

Better that way, especially in an office environment.