Question

Help me decide, should I get the Sonos Arc?

• 28 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello all, 

I’m interested in buying an Arc but have a small-mid sized living room. Its a 1 bedroom apartment of 800 sq ft. The living room is 16ft x 14 ft. Distance from the TV to couch is 12 ft.

Starring at the TV (Samsung QLED 55 inch), my room has the following characteristics:

To the right I have a wall. 

To the left, open kitchen/dining. 
Couch is placed along the wall on the opposite side facing the TV. 

I know its kind of small compared to other big home theatre setups. But, I would really like to know wheather adding the arc would be an overkill for my living room. I really like the punch the arc provides and is much better to sound than the beam. 

Also, my TV stand is white and walls are light grey. Which color soundbar should I go for White or Black?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Here is a sample image of my living room. 

1 reply

I actually think the Arc will be a pretty good fit for your space. The ceiling is right, and although the side channels won’t be great, you can get rear speakers to essentially fix that issue.

As far as color goes, I think black is the better choice.  Your TV, and every other TV you likely will ever own will be black, so you’re going to match that.  You can go with white if you like to match the stand, but I think it’s better to match the TV.  But just my opinion.