Question

Help me choose please;) Sonos play 1 or new play one?

• 10 February 2018
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don’t see how Alexa skill has improved/changed since release.
Confused even more now but thanks for all your help;) I just want to get the best i can for my needs and having waited this long the extra 35 for a one isnt as much of an issue as is the need to get something moat suited to my needs and home
Userlevel 2
Badge
If you can buy a Sonos one for just 35 more then go with that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Also the Sonos One is more future proof - with future addition of Google Home and Airplay2.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Also the Sonos One is more future proof - with future addition of Google Home and Airplay2. I wasn't aware that Sonos had announced that the play 1 wouldn't support Google home or airplay 2. When was this announced?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos has implied that the Sonos One is the only speaker that is guaranteed to work as airplay2 receiver (of course you could then use it to receive the airplay2 and send to an older speaker like Play:1 - - but you may need the Sonos One to do the receiving). Speculation though is that all Gen2 devices may be able to do it (meaning playbase and Play:5 gen2 may be able to receive as well - but not ever confirmed by Sonos).