Answered

Has anyone got Sonance outdoor speaker with Sonos amp, what are their thoughts?

• 20 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
Can anyone who has purchased the sonance outdoor speakers with the Sonos amp review this and give their thoughts. I cannot see many reviews online at all
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 22 May 2019, 15:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi tconsidine

Give the reviews at the link a read:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/sonos-sonance-outdoor-speaker-streaming-audio-bundle-with-xpress-audio-keypad-white-gray/6196623

Cheers!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
That is reviews for the old amp and I want a review on the new amp with the new Sonance configuration
Userlevel 7
Hi tconsidine

Sorry about the mis-step. In all honesty the reviews of the Sonance outdoor speakers and the new Sonos Amp are probably very scant.

However, I'd use deductive reasoning based upon the reviews of the Connect:Amp (which the majority are positive) as a measure of what the Sonos Amp can provide given it's improved capabilities. You can also search the internet by typing the phrase...Sonos Amp vs Connect:Amp and you'll get several hits.

For instance read the 3rd party review in the link which is very positive. Although it's not mentioned the Sonos Amp offers TruePlay tuning not available with the Connect: Amp. Also, Sonos direct has a very liberal return policy as might other retailers; so IMO no worries.

Finally given that the Sonos Amp is an upgrade to the Connect:Amp why would you think the performance would be less? Have you read or heard a lot of negative comments? 🤔

FYI, I own two (2) Sonos Amps and I'm very pleased with their performance. ☺️

https://www.audioadvice.com/content/new-sonos-amp-vs-connectamp/

Cheers!
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
I have no doubt the new Sonos amp would be better than the older one(wattage is more) but how much better? It is a lot of money to buy a new Sonos amp and the outdoor Sonos/Sononace architectural speakers and I would like an in depth review before I consider paying $1398. I believe they do not do Trueplay for outdoors. Hopefully someone will let me know what they think and give a great review to convince me to purchase
Here's a good review: https://www.onehoursmarthome.com/blog/sonos-outdoor-speaker-review

I got these right when they came out and paired them with the new amp. The biggest difference that I noticed is they are way more robust than the outdoor speakers they replaced and the sound quality was much richer all around, both at high and low ranges and literally all around my patio. No more crackling or wispiness, or dead spots in the patio.

Because outdoors you're not in a confined space you really need powerful speakers and an amp to provide great sound quality. The solution for most outdoor speakers is to provide directional focused sound and if you are familiar with high quality boat speakers they are engineered to provide directional sound typically in one direction because covering a massive open area requires too much power or too many speakers, so typically boat speakers are designed to direct sound to the aft.

Well these provide that same high quality sound as I've seen in higher end directional boat speakers that are exposed to the elements but instead of being purely directional the Sonos Speakers seem to provide high quality radiating sound that covers 360 degrees rather than a small cone of sound like you might find with traditional outdoor speakers. They are still directional to some degree but much more immersive than other outdoor speakers I've had in the past. Two of these paired with an amp is more than enough to get call from the neighbors unless you live way out in the sticks.

I got 2 and my buddy came over and loved how they sounded and decided to get 4 speakers with the new amp for his pool and it literally sounds like a vegas pool party at his house with the amount of sound these pump out.