Question

Getting started

Show first post

43 replies

Badge
In my opinion the only way to run a Sonos system is on SonosNet.

Does that mean a Boost?
Badge
Also, if I connect a Play 1 to the router instead of a Boost, will it create a similar isolated network?
Yes.
Badge
Yes.

Yes to both?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I would like to thank all you guys for your help and advice on setting up sonos,picked up my sonos on Thursday and set up everything yesterday,I got the playbar,sub,boost and 2 Play:1s,tried to get the third to put in my bar but my wife started tripping about we were already spending,so I'm gonna wait about 2 months and go get it behind her back,lol,anyway I'm trying to figure out why Google Play won't play,a message is saying free radio won't play,I'm trying to get premium anyway,what do I have to do?
Userlevel 1
Badge
How do I turn off surrounds on play:1s to stand alone,I want the full music affect
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm cool,thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Slick,

Welcome to Sonos! If you are like me you will become very addicted to Sonos. You need one of your Sonos products (Bridge, Boost or Speaker) connected to your router and then Sonosnet will be up and running for you.

Have a look at this post for some tips.

https://en.community.sonos.com/setting-up-sonos-228990/tips-and-tricks-and-sonos-101-6730704

If you have any problems at all come back here and let us know and I am sure we can help you. My system is rock solid 100% of the time!

Enjoy

Les
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
How do I turn off surrounds on Play:1s to standalone. I want the full music effect

Head to Settings (on the sources bar in the app) then Room Settings, tap on the name of the Playbar+P1s, tap 'Advanced Audio', tap 'Surrounds', finally tap Music Playback and then select 'Full'.

Your Play:1s will not separate from the Playbar, but will play music louder instead.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks,now my play:1s really thump.already hooked my boost to router and this system really rocks now,can't wait to put a play:1 or play:3in my bar,can't wait for future additions to bar,media room and bedroom,I hope Sonos comes out with a portable speaker soon,so pumped about possibilities!!!!
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey guys,my wife bought me the 2 starter play 1s for Christmas for my bar upstairs but I'm thinking about taking those back and get the new play 5 and set it up in my bar,how does the new play 5 sound hooked up to the tv? Is it worth taking back the 2 Play 1s?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Only issue is the Play5 hooked to tv means you need to turn off tv speakers or you will notice the delay. Some people notice the delay )about 70ms) anyhow in lip sync. The playbar is only device with no delay from tv audio.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have a playbar downstairs,will it stream and not have a delay upstairs?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The upstairs will have the 70ms delay
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ok,do you think it's worth it to trade the 2 play 1s in for the play 5?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Depends on what you want. A stereo pair of play:1s gives you better stereo sow ration than an Play:5 but I like the overall bass and sound of a play:5 better. The play:5 has of course the flexibility of an input should you have needs to input outside sources.

I rank a single olay5 above 2 play :1
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks,just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing ,people are definitely gonna do more drinking and listening to music than watching tv,Thanks Chris
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yep. That happens here too.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings