For Turntable.....Pair of Play 1's or a Play 5?

• 24 April 2017
  • 7 replies

I have a turntable connected to an old Marantz amp. I have a Sonos Connect running through the tape-out so that I can play my turn table through my 5.1 system (playbar, sub, 2 play 1's) I am also considering purchasing a pair of play 1's for another room across house...and also to move / setup outdoors on nice days. My other option is a play 5 in place of the pair of play 1's...... which would represent better sound for turntable?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Especially if moving them inside and out I would probably go with the Play:1 pair. Well I would actually go for a Play:3 pair.
The play 3 pair is just out my price range but believe me, I looked at that...
Curious , is it that large of a difference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think the 3s give slightly better mid and lower range. With trueplay tuning though the difference is much less appparent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And play:1s have adavantage of being moisture resistant.
Hmm, interesting, thanks for the tips!
On the other hand moving a play 5 outside and back again can be done in one trip! Seriously though the choice depends on your preferences: stereo image or better sound quality.