Question

expanding need suggestions please

• 19 August 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi, I’m new to this group I have a question. I am currently in a rental,  it’s a large apartment proximately 1500 square-foot. The living room area is probably about 550 to 600 square-foot with a wall separating the dining room and the kitchen so not an open room. I have a single play five that I would like to expand. I thought about just getting another play five generation two and creating a stereo pair, but in doing so I would have to put them fairly close together, I am actually looking to fill the room more and although I really love the play five I would like to be able to hear the music in all areas of the room and hear it a little bit better when I am cooking dinner in the kitchen without having to crank it. Would you suggest adding two play ones in stereo? 
 I would group them in stereo at the other end of the room and just have my single play five at one side of the room. The other option I have considered is purchasing a pair of play threes but that’s a little expensive for me right now so I’m kind of not sure about that. I have heard that people have one play five and then they end up buying Multiple play ones, putting them throughout the house. which sounds like an option that I might be interested in since play ones are fairly inexpensive,  just looking for some advise, And the most cost effective way to achieve this, I guess after my ramble in a nutshell I’m just looking for a little bit more of a room experience the play five is amazing but my room is big enough that it is only heard one side of the room

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Angy.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend getting another Sonos Play 5. If your current Play 5 can only support one room with music then getting another Play 5 would support both. With the criteria you have set that you would like to have both speakers working without cranking the volume too high, then it would be the best option for the Play 5 since you also mentioned getting the Play 3 would be not an option due to costs. You have two options of having both Sonos Play 5 playing one music either stereo pair or group them using the Sonos app. If stereo pairing the Sonos Play 5 would mean placing them near each other then I would recommend just grouping them so you can place them both on the other end of each room but still be able to play 1 music for both of them.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,